Monday, May 14, 2012

The Beginning

I devour books.  I am known to get a new book and read it in a couple of days.  I’m constantly searching for books I’ve never read.

I prefer classics (or anything to do with civil rights/slavery - I love when a person overcomes astronomical adversity and keeps on winning).  I will read and re-read Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chaucer and Jane Austen.  I think this stems from my being a literature major (literature does not equal grammar - so forgive any grammatical errors).

Despite my preference being classics, I read contemporary literature just as often.  I’m forever regaling my friends with obscure references to books they’ve never read or debating the quality of books we’ve all read.

This being the case, a friend of mine suggested I review books and blog about them.  This is done in the hopes that you’ll see something you like and read with renewed vigor.

In no way should you expect this blog to be unbiased.  I am opinionated and hard headed, but love a good natured debate that opens my eyes to differing viewpoints.

Read, discuss and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment